Namagunga Primary Boarding School was founded by the Franciscan Missionary Sisters for Africa led by Mother Mary Kevin Kearney (O.S.F) in 1936. The major aim was to expand the provision of education of the girl child. The school was dedicated to ST. THERESA as its patron Saint.
To provide quality education to the girl child.
Namagunga Primary Boarding School is located in Namagunga Parish, Mukono District in Uganda. It now has a population of 1,082 pupils, 36 teachers and 72 support staff.
The School is currently headed by Rev.Sr. Mary Assumpta Babirye (L.S.O.S.F). It always attract a large number of enrolments every year. It has a School Management Committee headed by Professor. Edward Kirumira who is also the Dean Faculty of Social Sciences at Makerere University Kampala, the highest institution of learning in Uganda.
By the time of its inception, the school had an enrolment of less than 200 children with 4 classrooms. Namagunga Primary Boarding School is housed in some of the buildings which were constructed in early 1920s originally as Maternity Centre also under Mother Kevin for the main concern of improving Antenatal services for women in the area.
By the year 1930, a birth of a school idea came into play for meeting education needs for the Girl Child. This idea was introduced particularly with a view of addressing the negative attitudes towards formal education of the girls by then. Despite the numerous challenges problems facing the school, it has managed to become the leading one in Mukono District and the country at large. This performance has made many parents wish to bring their children to this school but the inadequate building structures are the main limiting factors.
P.O.Box 68 LUGAZI Uganda .